Why Peer review is important?
This process is purposely arranged to address the quality and legitimacy of the journal’s literature proposed by scholars/researchers evaluated by a group of experts with experience in the appropriate field to assure the innovation of the research publication. By using this phenomenon, articles with poor literature or low-quality publication filter automatically at the very initial stage.
Publishers use peer review methods for maintaining the journal's standard and quality for publishing, and research studies its one of the most authentic techniques for creating a journal as a brand or remarkable as a publisher. In addition to making the journal review process more valuable, it is important to go through a transparent and standardized peer review process. By performing the peer review techniques, it is easy to evaluate the journal's authenticity. Increase the positive impact of journals on the targeted research community.
Value of Peer Review Process
Acknowledging the peer review process, publishers can support authors/scholars in submitting valuable research work. It further adds value to the graph of journal standards and authenticity, and this is advantageous for both publishers and scholars in making the partnership more effective and progressive.
Reviewer Role and Responsibility
- Reviews are strictly bound to follow a few instructions as the review process relies on confidentiality and trust.
- Keep in mind that the submitted document is confidential.
- This document now and in the future will remain the property of the author. The author reserved all rights.
- You cannot disclose the author's confidential details to anyone.
- ensure process transparency and decisions based on merit.
In the case of printed manuscripts:
- Assurance of confidentiality is compulsory until the paper completes the review process.
- You have to discard the content after the confirmed conclusion from the Editor
- If you are having any trouble understanding anything related to the issue, you can contact the head office of MAK Hill.
In this case, if the reviewer is willing to divide any responsibility or review process with any other person, you need to share detailed information of that person with the MAK Hill team and should inform us on a prior basis. Any negligence will not be tolerated in this case.
Honesty is the best policy
- Don’t use any data, fact, result, study stated in manuscript.
- Don't try to approach authors personally
- Assessment must be fair and error free
- Recommendations and suggestions must be provided for making work more valuable
- Conflict of interest must be eliminated(in case contact with editors)
- Build effective connection with Editors for mainlining finest decision on manuscript.
- Accept according to your knowledge and expertise.
Common Problems in Publication Ethics:
- Plagiarism is one of the most common unethical exercises. It reflects in different ways
- Duplicate and multiple submissions
- Fake Acknowledgement and Funding issues
- False list of co-authors and participants in papers
- Conflict of interest
- Significance of paper
- Replicate other works without permission
- False results and findings
- False authorship
- Unseemly use of Humans and Animal research
- Stolen data